Easy Breakfast or Brunch Potato Recipe
Home Fried Potatoes with Carrots, Celery, Pepper, Onion
Delicious easy home fries breakfast recipe from my brother-in-law. Needless to say, Myr is a very popular guy, especially around brunch time on weekends.
For the tastiest results serve the home fries hot as soon as they are done. If you must you can keep them warm in the oven until you are ready to serve them, but they will lose their crispiness.
Sarah Kingsbury, Savvy Vegetarian
Total prep & cook time: 30 min
Nutrition Data, 276g Serving: 219 cal, 48g carb, 3g fat, 28mg sodium, 6g fiber, 3g Sugars, 5g protein, low Cholesterol, good source Fiber, Vit. A, Vit. B6, Potassium, Vit. C. Estimated glycemic load 20
- 4 yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 medium sized Carrot, peeled and chopped small
- 1 stalk Celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 bell pepper, diced
- Half a small onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 Tblsp. Vegetable oil, plus more as needed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Turn stove to medium high and coat potatoes in the oil in a large heavy skillet.
- Turn potatoes every few minutes giving them a chance to begin browning on each side.
- When the potatoes are half done add the carrots. Continue stirring and turning
- Five minutes later add the onions, celery, bell pepper, and garlic. Continue stirring and turning.
- Add more oil if needed and add salt and pepper to taste.
- The dish is done when the potatoes are nicely browned and tender and the onions are translucent and slightly browned.
- Serve immediately.
- Variation: Add chili powder in the last few minutes to give a little spice to your breakfast!
Your comments & questions help improve our recipes, so don't be shy! Contact Us