Roasted Carrots and Beets
Oven Roasted Carrot and Beets, Easy Healthy Vegetable Recipe
Oven Roasted Carrot and Beets: Easy, healthy vegetable recipe, oven roasting is a delicious way to cook carrots and beets together!
Roasted beets are total magic! In fact, beets are all round magical, proven by Red Burgers with beets, and Sweet Potatoes, Beets, Greens & Almonds.
Total Prep & Cook Time: one hour - 10 min. prep time, 50 min. cook time.
Nutrition Data, 106g Serving: 64 cal, cal from fat 22, 6g sugars, 10g carb, 2g fat, 223mg sodium, 3g fiber, 1g protein, low cholesterol, good source Vit A, C, K, Folate. Estimated glycemic load 3
- 2 medium beets
- 2 large carrots
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp rosemary leaves
- 1/2 tsp thyme leaf
- 1/2 tsp rubbed sage leaf
- 1/4 tsp salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- For this recipe you'll need a large shallow glass or enamel roasting pan
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Scrub the carrots and beets and trim the tops and bottoms
- Slice the carrots diagonally in 1/2 inch slicies
- Slice each beet in 6 wedges
- Place beets in a bowl
- Place carrots in another bowl
- Sprinkle the carrots and beets with oil and herbs
- Stir each vegetable to coat with oil and herbs
- Arrange carrots on one side of baking pan, beets on the other side, in a single layer
- Cover with a lid, or foil, and bake for 25 minutes
- Remove lid, increase heat to 450 degrees, bake another 20 - 30 min., until tender
- Check veggies after 10 minutes, turn with fork or tongs if needed for even roasting
- Before serving, gently mix the beets and carrots together
Place the baking rack in the middle of the oven. If your oven is very hot, reduce the heat to 375 degrees. Using a large shallow glass baking dish will allow the veggies to roast more evenly, and make it easier to turn them.
Serving Suggestion: Serve roasted carrots & beets with black beans and greens over quinoa or couscous for a delicious hearty meal!
Your comments & questions help improve our recipes, so don't be shy! Contact Us